To top

Rarely without my camera

Digital or traditional, playful or serious. Post your photos here.
Padds
Substantial poster

Rarely without my camera

Postby Padds » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:37 pm

Hi, I take many photos mainly of birds and wildlife and the occasional ones as reference when I am painting or sketching. I have been told my other photos such as flower or landscape are not very good. I lack composition, I think that's what was said so I rarely do these. Here's one I do like but realised too late the stem in the foreground. I liked the way the sunlight shone through the canopy onto the leaf.
Attachments
leaf for nf.jpg
Dani Landrum
New poster

Re: Rarely without my camera

Postby Dani Landrum » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:51 pm

Looks awesome...I love the lighting. :)
D.Landrum
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:07 pm

The lighting and contrast in this shot are really good. Who told you you can't compose? If anything that's more reason to get out there and prove them wrong. :) This shot is composed just fine for me. It might be a tad static, since the subject is almost in the middle and shot at a flat angle, but for another subject that might be just the right composition, depending on the feeling you're trying to convey. Thanks for sharing, hope to see more.
Padds
Substantial poster

Postby Padds » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:47 am

Thankyou! A friend who takes many compositional photos told me that's what I lacked. Trouble is I don't always see the potential in subjects, not good when you need inspiration to paint! It's a slow learning curve and one I hope to improve on. This is a shot of sunrise on our local harbour/nature reserve. During the day and when the tide is out it looks awfully grey and dirty but as its one of my favourite places to chill and see birds I decided to play around with the colour and came up with this. It was taken some time ago.
Attachments
0811190008.JPG
LazyArts Studios
Passionate poster

Postby LazyArts Studios » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:56 pm

keep snapping away. Your eye will train it's self. The branch in the forground is fine, it adds a since of peeking into an unknown/private world of nature. Just remember the rule of thirds, and your composition will come along fine. How I trained myself was whatever I wanted the subject of the picture to be, just before i snapped the pic or started the painting I would make sure it wasnt dead center of the field of view. Easy as pie. Keep it up, your doin great.
If you do what you love, you'll never work a day in your life.
http://lazyartstudio.blogspot.com/
Padds
Substantial poster

Postby Padds » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:36 pm

Thanks for that! Your work is very good. :)
Serohs
Substantial poster

Postby Serohs » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:58 am

Keep shooting! It looks great! My camera goes everywhere with me as well, man do I go thru packs of double A batteries. :)

I am not all up on composition and stuff myself. If it looks nice I shoot it.

Roy
angelababy
Substantial poster

Postby angelababy » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:26 am

Nice shot! I love the color&lighting! awesome :D

Return to “Photography”