To top

Question before selling on FM

Talk about the site, your eye color, veggie preference, whatever. New members - don't be shy - introduce yourselves here.
DCOATS
New poster

Question before selling on FM

Postby DCOATS » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:48 pm

Hello, I am a new artist as well as new to selling my artwork on the Internet. I just had some question about my paintings before putting them on here too sell, and wanted to know others opinions before donig so. I was just wondering, do I need to worry about adding frames to my finished pieces before I upload them to this site/before sending them to the customer, or can and I just add/sell them like they are unframed?

Any help would be great.

Grandaddyearl
Postaholic

Re: Question before selling on FM

Postby Grandaddyearl » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:15 pm

Either. Some folks want to pick frames to go interiors (antiqued vs. modern for example) whereas some artist believe the frame controls the esthetics of the piece and with matting possibly augment the artist's intentions. You may wish to use a frame and matting picking up the background color for example making the piece appear larger or dimensional to augment depth and not leave the choice to someone who may not appreciate your intent as much as you do. Pieces sold on line can be sold either way whereas galleries normally have pieces frames as do privately sold pieces. Why take a chance on a frame that detracts from your intent? Grandaddyearl
BogStandad
Extreme poster

Re: Question before selling on FM

Postby BogStandad » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:21 pm

Great answer from Gandaddyearl, encouraged some thinking :D

Shipping questions, like, added weight a frame might gain, dose it help to protect the work, will it need added protection because of a frame?

Shipping effects overall price, added weight is a price issue that might need considering.

All the best anyway, Bog.

Return to “Foundmyself.com general discussion”