To top

Top 10 selling painting themes

Talk about the site, your eye color, veggie preference, whatever. New members - don't be shy - introduce yourselves here.
Artistview
Passionate poster

Top 10 selling painting themes

Postby Artistview » Sat May 18, 2019 5:51 pm

I was just reading about the best selling painting themes. It was written by John Dyhouse and he's located in the UK. So the list is good for artist in the UK. But I would say it fits other countries as well. People always like Landsapes and for me local views would sell good. But I don't paint local views even though I live in a tourist town and we get a lot of people visiting on vacation. Also seascapes would sell seeing I'm on the coast, but I don't paint them that much any more. I can't remember the last time I painted a seascape it was a year ago maybe.

I rather paint abstracts and Optical Art. So I spend most of my time thinking of what I can do next and what colors I want to use.

Here's the like by John Dyhouse

1 Traditional landscapes
2 Local views
3 Modern or semi-abstract landscapes
4 Abstracts
5 Dogs
6 Figure studies (excluding nudes)
7 Seascapes, harbours, and beach scenes
8 Wildlife
9 Impressionistic landscapes
10 Nudes

https://feltmagnet.com/crafts/popular-art-that-sells
Carmen Alexandra Mocioaca
New poster

Re: Top 10 selling painting themes

Postby Carmen Alexandra Mocioaca » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:12 am

top 10 painting ,, hy and super erotic no like
Grandaddyearl
Postaholic

Postby Grandaddyearl » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:42 pm

Wow, explain that to Picasso, Miro, Chagall, pollack, Dali, etc.. I think you could get one or their sales and be ahead of the total of our landscapes. There of course where a few like Monet, Gaugain, Rockwell, Wyeth,etc. who did well. In any event the folks that take art in a new direction seem to do better in the modern era, although after they have died in most cases. I think one may be better off to invent rather than copy.
Artistview
Passionate poster

Postby Artistview » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:57 am

I think this is pointed to people that just want to produce art that sells, I guess.

If I wanted my paintings to sell fast or if I just wanted to paint to sell my art to tourist, I'd be painting seascapes. Paint the local beaches, etc.. We have enough people around here that paint seascapes and the market has to many artist trying to make fast money from the tourist. To me that isn't being an artist, it's just trying to make money. Art is doing what you want to do. Not doing what will sell at local market that's flooded with other seascapes or what ever seems to sell.
anthony
Extreme poster

Postby anthony » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:30 am

Grandaddyearl wrote:Wow, explain that to Picasso, Miro, Chagall, pollack, Dali, etc.. I think you could get one or their sales and be ahead of the total of our landscapes. There of course where a few like Monet, Gaugain, Rockwell, Wyeth,etc. who did well. In any event the folks that take art in a new direction seem to do better in the modern era, although after they have died in most cases. I think one may be better off to invent rather than copy.

:D
My Website

I am not great at anything - I am in a transition
alpenglowworkshop
New poster

Postby alpenglowworkshop » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:17 pm

The 10 themes seem to make a lot of sense, but I have been uploading lots of digital paintings with landscape/nature themes and I have yet to sell just one over the last 4 months. I've mostly been on Fine Art America, but I had tried selling on Artpal, Inprnt, and Curioos and not one person bought any of my traditional landscapes.

It's a mystery to me why that would happen, but I would think judging from the list and those themes would bring at least a small measure of success.

I truly hope others have had better outcomes.

Cheers
Denise
Alpenglowworkshop
alpenglowworkshop.com

Return to “Foundmyself.com general discussion”