To top

which is best?

Post questions/tips/code/cutting edge web stuff here.
alanminshull
Extreme poster

Re: which is best?

Postby alanminshull » Tue May 03, 2011 5:31 am

Hi Benivolent,
You know Google is the major name and people have been using it for goodness knows how long now but since they started using that 'Instant Search' facility, I have been tearing my hair out. It is so annoying!
Many times I have typed what I want to search for on the internet and instead what happens is it actually deletes what you type and pulls up something completely different. It is so annoying;
You can switch this off but you have to do this every time you use Google search, when clicking the save preferences should do it for you but doesn't.

Bing on the other hand is amazing, and the updates to it that they have incorporated are equally wonderful. Now you have image search which looks much better than Google's image search and also its a lot easier to use, user friendly..
I will be switching to Bing from now on.
"Why do we call our planet, planet Earth, when it is almost entirely covered in water"? Arthur C. Clarke.
silkwizard
Substantial poster

Postby silkwizard » Wed May 11, 2011 3:28 am

I agree about the "Instant Search" being annoying. Google is all-powerful right now, but I think that Bing is starting to make inroads and I notice that Blackberry are using Bing as their default search engine.
Carson Collins
Extreme poster

Postby Carson Collins » Wed May 11, 2011 4:07 am

O great. I've spent countless hours optimizing my web site for Google's spiders and now there's a better search engine that's taking over? Ach, well. Time marches on.
alanminshull
Extreme poster

Postby alanminshull » Wed May 11, 2011 5:31 am

Technology is moving at a hellish pace, every day things we thought are the ultimate are being replaced as we speak with much more compact or user friendly options.
Next thing we know, computers will become a thing of the past and will be replaced with something that 10 years ago might have been called fantasy. who knows.
"Why do we call our planet, planet Earth, when it is almost entirely covered in water"? Arthur C. Clarke.
Carson Collins
Extreme poster

Postby Carson Collins » Wed May 11, 2011 5:50 am

Yeah, that's why I love vintage Science Fiction - they always got things so wrong. :lol:
I mean, like, for example, Stanley Kubrick was wildly over-optimistic about the future of space exploration; 2001, a film made in 1968, is funny now because it was set in a future that is now 10 years in the past.
We were supposed to have flying cars and android robots and videophones and star-ships by now but nobody dreamed of a fax machine or the Internet.
When I was a kid we had walkie-talkies, they were about the size of a shoe box and had an antenna like a fly-fishing rod. The range was basically line-of-sight on a good day. Nobody ever dreamed that today there would be a portable device as small as a little matchbox that you could use to talk to anyone anywhere in the world. It was inconceivable.
michaelbish
New poster

Postby michaelbish » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:24 pm

Google is the best search engine.Google is a popular search engine that focuses primarily on the search, we can assume that it works pretty well. From personal experience I can say that the results of a search query on Google returns more important than other search engines.
Carson Collins
Extreme poster

Postby Carson Collins » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:26 pm

I really don't see any compelling reason to say that Bing is any better than Google at this point in time; they're practically identical. Google seems to remain the leader in terms of traffic, at least according to my web site's referral statistics.
logodesignerss
New poster

Postby logodesignerss » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:24 pm

Definitely Google is best. There is no doubt in that.
lyleneil
New poster

Postby lyleneil » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:38 am

Well, as per my view google is best. It is the fastest search engine.Google translate is also available is different companies through which people can work easily they want to.
Carson Collins
Extreme poster

Postby Carson Collins » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:37 pm

Update: According to my web site's statistics, I am now receiving more referrals, as measured in page views, from Bing than I am from Google. :shock:

Return to “Website Design/Reviews”